Friday, August 14, 2009

The raptor hunt

So far 3.2 has given us some awesome new stuff, the largest obviously being the new raid. However there's something else in the latest patch that few people seem to have noticed; the new raptor pets.

Sure not everyone is a pet collector, but I enjoy the company of a little anything when soloing, especially something that randomly darts off into the distance, or leaps towards you with a ferocious battle shriek.

The patch has introduced eight of these awesome pets, of which so far I've obtained six. Even as I'm typing this post the seventh raptor is eluding me. Here are some screenshots of the ones I've gotten so far, along with where you can get them.


Darting Hatchling
From Dart, a rare mob in the north part of Dustwallow Marsh
Randomly darts around the area when idle


Deviate Hatchling
From the raptors inside Wailing Caverns


Leaping Hatchling
From Takk the Leaper, a rare mob in the northeastern part of The Barrens
Occasionally runs off and fiercely leaps back to you


Obsidian Hatchling
From Breanni in Dalaran for 40g with faction discount


Ravasaur Hatchling
From Ravasaur Matriarch, a rare spawn in southeastern Un'Goro Crater


Razormaw Hatchling
From Razormaw Matriarch, a rare mob found in the cave in northeastern Wetlands


Now I only need two more to have all the raptor pets. One is the Gundrak Hatchling, which has a very low droprate from the raptors in Zul'Drak. I've killed about 500 so far and still nothing. The last pet is the Razzashi Hatchling, another rare drop from the raptors inside Zul'Gurub. So far I didn't manage to kill a single raptor without getting killed first, as they come in packs of ten or so. I will however go in with my Death Knight once I get the Gundrak Hatchling and farm without dying!

0 comments:

Post a Comment